Sunday 8 December 2013

Assignment 1 planning (part 5)

Thoughts after some time obsessing...

I was at the gym again this morning thinking about this assignment, the exercises (photography, not physical) I've done and all of the reading around. I keep coming back to the photo essays on the Magnum website and the way they convey 'a story'.

New idea

Definition of community:
  1. social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.
  2. A locality inhabited by such a group.
Utilising the second part of the definition, develop a set of images of locations, certain obvious locations spring to mind: park, pool, gym, market, school playground, library, church, multistory car park, stadium, football pitch, etc. The concept is to take the photographs when the locations are empty of people and then record (audio) the locations when they're being utilised by the people and develop a sound track to play over the images in a slide show.

I'm wondering whether this could work taking two photographs of the same location, the first empty (as above) and the second with people and then fade the second one in and out with the sound track?

If I use this idea, I'm not sure how impactful the images will be when printed...

Nor am I sure this pushes my images further, but it certainly pushes my work further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment